Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dreamy Vintage Sewing Pics make my day


Not all the blogs in my feed reader are craft-related, and often the ones in my "fun" category end up making reaqlly my day. I love a blog where I can just feast on some fabulous eye candy and not have to sift through loads of text. Face it, sometimes you just need to get right to the good stuff.

One of my favorite blogs in this category is Millie Motts. I can't remember how I stumbled on this one, but I'm so glad I did. The blog author describes herself as "a collector of 1940s-60s just-about-anything: fashion magazines, children's elementary school readers, textbooks, found photos, and miscellaneous ephemera. Although I wasn't born until the 70s, I'm an "old soul."

Yep. Sounds like someone I'd love to hang out with. A few times a week, she posts tidbits from her collection, and I get giddy every time I see that her blog has been updated. Some of my favorite posts have been her Prom post (even though I never went to my prom, if I could have worn a dress like the one she shows, I totally would have), The Best Things Happen When You're Dancing, and What to Wear at Home. But when I saw yesterday's post, I truly almost fell out of my chair. A post full of vintage sewing images was just what I needed to make me smile. Check it out, and I'm sure you will, too. Enjoy!

* image is from Millie Motts' blog ... and the best blog post. ever.

5 comments :

  1. Suh-WEEET resource. Thanks so much for the link. I adore pictures from this era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you may seem all crafty innocent, full of fun and light, but I'm beginning to think you may be PURE EVIL in disguise. Don't you know that I have to do some stuff today, like take a shower, feed the kid, go to the library? Instead, now all I wanna do is look at pictures on the intermanet.

    Dang you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures! They're nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Millie Motts! I hadn't seen it before, and am in love!
    I'm an old soul too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto all the others, thanks for sharing! i love these..
    dot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach