Friday, October 24, 2008

Eeeps! Look at that!

Weee! I'm happy to announce that I'm now a regular contributor over at Craftzine.com! My Maker Faire stint went really well, and I've been asked to stay on as a contributor. I'll be posting up crafty fun stuff every day over there. This is, quite frankly, a dream job for me. My favorite thing to do is find cool stuff on the internet and send it to friends (just ask friends on my regular email list ... or even random email list ... I'm queen of sending the "holy smokes! check this out!" emails) so I could not ask for a more perfectly fitting job. Not to mention, the folks on the Craftzine team are about the most fun, kind, smart, cool people you could ever hope to be around (read: I'm totally intimidated, but I'll get over that ... maybe). I just feel incredibly lucky.

And if you find something you think might be of interest to the Craftzine.com readers, send an email to me at rachel at craftzine dot com.

I'll also mention that my first article for CRAFT magazine (co-written with one of my crafty BFFs, Diane!) is coming out in Volume 09, which will be out soon. I got to see a sneak peek at Maker Faire and almost peed my pants. For a gal who had high aspirations of writing for magazines in high school and college, but then got married and had kids (which is great, you know, but ...) it felt pretty dern good to see my name - especially alongside the name of one of my favorite people on the planet - in print. Whew boy!

So if you don't already have a subscription to CRAFT magazine, what on Earth are you waiting for!? Seriously! Subscribe now, and your first issue you receive will have the article Diane and I wrote in it!

It's the happiest day when I open my mailbox and see my CRAFT in there. You can read all about why I love CRAFT magazine over here on a post I wrote back in May. And then you can go subscribe.

24 comments :

  1. Yay you! Craft rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I'm envious, sounds like a killer job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so excited for you! But you more than deserve it. Looking forward to seeing you around one of my favorite blogs - AND looking forward to seeing our piece come out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this happened after I saw you were still posting after the Maker Faire. Congratulations, that is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome and not to mention well deserved... you do find the coolest stuff! Cannot wait to get my # 9 to see you in the hardcopy. Congratulations lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Dream job indeed... can't wait to see your article in print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I can't wait to read your article in Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good goin', Rachel! I'm so happy for you. rock on, sister.

    xxx
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations!!! i used to work at the now-defunct adorn and it was always so much fun getting to write about crafts all day long - i always had moments of "THIS is my job? life is sweet"

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome is this?!!!! You're such a badass, Miss Rachel. I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool! Can't wait to go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! That does sound like a dream job!
    And you have an award waiting at my blog, check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a dream job! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Wow! Wow! That's great news.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, AverageJane! That's awesome! Can't wait to see the print article, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh I am so crazy excited for you. That's amazing news! Congrats sister.

    Whoo hoo. Doing the happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new writing gig and I so can't wait to read about my mama in Craft Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOORAY!!! That is super good news. For you and for Craft mag and for crafters everywhere. You're the best Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Rach! I'm so proud of you! I have a craft you made me a LONG time ago that I'm gonna send your ways soon!

    you go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Rachel -- of course you deserve this and you are doing a great job so far! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach